One incredible fact to think of is that we all have the same hours in the day, yet some people earn a fortune of billions while others end up in the gutter. Although in life our economics, nationality and abilities vary the one thing which remains consistent for all people is that we all have the same number of hours in the day. So today, in light of this fact, let’s dive into how successful people plan their day.
1. They Reverse Engineer Their Perfect Day: start today by creating a vision to map out what your exact perfect day looks like. Write it down in every last detail and you can number them according to what is most easy to change and adapt right now. Don’t worry, your vision will change as you go along, but if you map this out and start making the easiest steps happen, your days will become better and better.
2. They Work When They’re Most Productive: if you can control the times that you work, note down when you feel most sharp and productive. Then, wherever possible, do most of your work when you have the most energy, and avoid working when you don’t. If you don’t have a job which allows you schedule your own time, try working on a side business to build extra income, and leverage your early mornings or late evenings when you feel most alert.
3. They Embrace the Morning: many of the most productive people get most done in the early morning. It’s quiet, distraction free and fresh. Your willpower and energy level is highest just after a restful sleep, so that might just be your best time to tackle those most important tasks of the day. By doing that, you’ll be taking charge each morning and spending it on your most important tasks can help you take control and gain confidence in your life. It also might work well for you to exercise in the morning to feel powerful and productive throughout the day.
4. They Plan rather than Panic: instead of getting only the urgent but unimportant tasks done, map out what your highest priority tasks and tackle them first, get them out of the way, and you’ll have a lot less anxiety and a lot more mental energy for the rest of your day. Factor in time and contingencies for things going wrong, and you’ll be bulletproof whatever happens.
5. They Schedule Their Inspiration: ever looked at the schedule of the most successful writers? They don’t just hammer out thousands of words on a whim, they schedule it each and every day so that they can capture the inspiration when it happens. The inspiration happens when you work, because creativity is a process. If you're building a business, or have a few side projects you're working on, make sure you keep regular hours and remain productive even when others are slacking off or being social. The sacrifice will be worth it when you leverage your hard work and make yourself success through habit, not luck.
6. Make Time To Unwind: it’s important to honour your body, and the recover it needs each day. Proper recovery is essential to productivity, and having 7-8 hours of quality sleep is essential to remain focused and alert. You can spend the rest of the time to relax and unwind with family and friends, knowing that you’ve put in your best effort for the day, and that is what counts. Appreciate the work you’ve done, and know that tomorrow is another day.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these tips, I look forward to sharing more with you soon. Let me know how your own personal success story is going, and if there is anything I can help you out with. My goal as always to make you successful.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!